My sister says I should email you. We are due with a baby boy on 12/13/08.
We are set on our girl names but boy names are a WHOLE nother story.. we can't think of anything.. okay, I lied, we can think of things but nothing jumps out at us as "Our babies name."
Important points. I have a unique name, Ryley. My husband is Aaron and our last name is Eaton. (so names that end with an N sound funny for the most part)
We like names that are unique, but not weird. (Doesnt everyone say that lately??) Something that is a fairly normal name but not used much...
Oh, It might be helpfull to know what we like for a girl. Our girl names of choice are:
Ellie (this is a must for my husband, but he will settle for this as a nickname)
Elliot (call her ellie)
and my Favorite Alivia.
and now..Without further adu here is the list we have come up with : (disclaimer: Again, none of these jump out at us)
- Elijah - We would call him Eli. This is my dad's favorite. One of ours also, but we really want a little girl named Ellie one day. Eli and Ellie are too close in name.. for kids that aren't twins..
- Luke - good fall back name... but a little boring..
- Joel - also a little boring..
- Kyle - I don't really know why I like this name, but I kinda do. Again.. not love..
- River - When his sister in law was pregnant this was the name we were all pulling for. I LOVE this name.. but just don't know if I actually could..
- Joey - Boring.. but cute. Even before we knew what we were having his grandparents told us that they would really like a Joseph in the family. I was already thinking Joey at that point, but it made it a little more special.
- Aiden - ehhh. I like it... but its a little trendy. Plus my cousin has a little boy named Brayden.. and it just sounds to close..but it would be cute to name him Aaden so it is similar to my husband's name of Aaron.
- Miles - OUR FAVORITE! but no one else likes it.. :( Which I hate.. If this baby was born today, his name would be Miles. We are totally in love with it. It still will probably be one of the top contenders.. but it makes me really sad that no one in my family likes it... Is Myles too femine? It would make it more like my name (Ryley) and I like that.. but too girly???
- Milo - This got vetoed faster than Miles. But also one of our favorites. I just don't feel like its a very grown up name.
- Oliver - We like Oliver. Not love.. but strong like..
- Preston - Aaron has a really good friend named Preston. But he's a great guy..and we like this name too..
- Elliot - MY FAVORITE! This was my first favorite. (Before Miles) it was actually one of my top contenders for a girls name (then call her Ellie) But I really like it for a boy also. BUT.. if we use this now, we loose our chance to use Ellie later. Since we'll probably call him El.. or even Elli sometimes..
- Mason - I really like Mason. It's my sisters middle name. Which I really like. But sounds a little silly with Eaton.
- Dylan or Dilan - Like this name.. but we've never given it a lot of thought. Just threw it out there one day and we both liked it, so it made it to the list.
- Cooper - I just want to call him Coop! I like Cooper.. but we've never really seriously discussed it either..
- Carter - Same with Carter. Like it.. just never thought much about it.
What do you think?
I think that after we remove the names that would interfere with a future daughter named Ellie, your favorite name on the list is Miles. The only downside of it is that other family members don't like it---but they will come around. Miles Joseph Eaton (MJE) would be a terrific name.
Let's put a poll over to the right to see what everyone else thinks. [poll closed; see below]
[Poll results (254 votes total):
Elijah: 2 votes, roughly 1%
Luke: 7 votes, roughly 3%
Joel: 3 votes, roughly 1%
Kyle: 2 votes, roughly 1%
River: 7 votes, roughly 3%
Joey/Joseph: 10 votes, roughly 4%
Aiden/Aaden: 2 votes, roughly 1%
Miles/Myles: 182 votes, roughly 72%
Milo: 9 votes, roughly 4%
Oliver: 9 votes, roughly 4%
Preston: 2 votes, roughly 1%
Elliot: 3 votes, roughly 1%
Mason: 3 votes, roughly 1%
Dylan/Dilan: 2 votes, roughly 1%
Cooper: 5 votes, roughly 2%
Carter: 6 votes, roughly 2%]