My husband and I are expecting our first baby, a boy, in July and although we found a lot of girls names that we liked, we found it very hard to find any boy's names. We both really like Konrad as a middle name. Konrad is a German name meaning “brave and honest advisor” and we were surprised to find that it is a longer version of Kurt (his name).
As for first names, here are the top 5 choices so far:
- Abraham - Hebrew, “father of multitudes”. Nicknames could be Abie, Bram or Hammy.
- Henry - English or German, “estate ruler”. Nickname could be Hank.
- Lawrence - English or Latin, “from the place of laurel trees” also Home of the Kansas Jayhawks! (where I went to school) Nicknames could be Lawry or Lars.
- Leonard - German, “brave lion”. Nicknames could be Leo, Leno or Lenny.
- Truman - English, “loyal one”. No nicknames.
_____ Konrad Beal?????
Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks for your help on this.
My favorite is Henry Konrad Beal. Let's put a poll to the right to see what everyone else likes best! [Poll closed; see results below.]
Poll results (189 votes total):
Abraham: 22 votes, roughly 12%
Henry: 65 votes, roughly 34%
Lawrence: 45 votes, roughly 24%
Leonard: 25 votes, roughly 13%
Truman: 32 votes, roughly 17%
Name update! Claudia writes:
Henry Konrad Beal was born July 17th, 2009 and we couldn't be happier with the name choice. It fits him perfect.