Our due date is May 30, 2010. We have two other kids with Celtic/English first names and our last name is McCartney. It's not too important that our son be named a Celtic/english name, but to have a name that doesn't clash too much would be good. I do however LOVE British sounding names that aren't too popular)
The list/questions we have:
1. Atticus ( I know, it's totally not Celtic so it's a hesitation for me and I don't care for nn ati an also, does it sound like we are trying too hard?)
2. Lucan (it's ancient,although it sounds made up)
3. Miles (nn Milo)
4. Alastair (but despise the nn al and ali, and Alic is boring) also with this name I would live to insist he just be called his full name, but I'm doubtful that can be adhered to in such a nickname loving society as a whole **sidenote: what do you think about my thought on full names with this in mind** also, some people see this a "whimpy sounding name"
5. Duncan (btw with Duncan, Milo, Lucan they gravitate to me because they sound warm yet strong AND they are not too popular which is attractive)
****These last two are more popular, but they are classic and English enough that I would consider them I think****
7. Henry (my current infatuation and the one I think I'd like the most input about please) I wonder if it's too popular that it will sound humdrum. To me it sounds strong, rustic, yet classy and even though popular, it doesn't seem like it would turn out to be a bore of a name. Like a beautiful classic style leather arm chair you know?
I would sooooo appreciate your thoughts as I'm coming down to the wire now with our impeding birth!!!
Thank you for taking the time to help me!
Life-improving products, part 4 - (Continued from part 1, part 2, and part 3.) Stearns Youth Life Vest (photo from Amazon.com). I’d been too scared to take the kids to any body of water oth...