I would love your (and readers help) naming our second son, who is due August 25th. Our first son is named Reuben Harm. I love the softness of the name Reuben, but that it's still a masculine name. His middle name is after my father (it's the Dutch form of Harry). We'd like the second to have the middle name Alfred, after my husbands father.
The problems we're having naming our second son is:
1. A lot of the names we like rhyme with Loewen. Because if the rhyming factor, we would prefer not to have a name with a strong "u" sound or "en" ending.
2. For flow, an "L" at the end of a name doesn't really work either.
3. We have a lot of nephews with great names: Nathanael, Isaac, Toby, Levi, Eli, Benjamin, Jonas, Asher, Callum, Ronan, and Aaro.
4. I'm not a nickname person. It just doesn't come naturally to me.
Names like and could work:
1. James Alfred (my favourite so far, my only qualm is that it's quite more common than Reuben, and "Reuben James" is a song).
2. Josiah Alfred (it's okay, maybe a little too Biblical for me).
Names we like that don't work: Hugh, Samuel, Simon, and Owen (the worst!)
Vetoed names my husband likes: Carson and Calvin (I just don't like the hard "C").
Vetoed names I like: Edmund and Henry
Please help us find a nice, soft, yet masculine name. :)
Life-improving products, part 4 - (Continued from part 1, part 2, and part 3.) Stearns Youth Life Vest (photo from Amazon.com). I’d been too scared to take the kids to any body of water oth...